Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Saying Good-bye to the BoBo

It's been a long road, Bobo...(aka the binkie, pacifier, paci, and whatever else you'd like to call it) You have been Nico's best friend, his love, and his cushion. I'm sad to see you go...

My first two children didn't give TOO much of a fuss when it was time to say good-bye. After one too many times of scouring the living room for it, I finally put them to bed without, at around 8 months of age. There were 2 or 3 nights of crying for about 30 minutes, and that was it. Easy Peasy.

Nico however, and I would like to attribute this to him being my last baby, (You know, spoiling, cherishing every moment, sad with passing milestones...) LOVES his Bobo. Needs it, talks sweetly to it...seriously. I swear I've seen him making eyes at the Bobo!

So we started out by leaving it up high, where he couldn't just grab it at will, and we could still get it for meltdowns. The next step was to hide it from him, and keeping it out of eyesight, but still downstairs in case of total meltdown. Lastly, we have been keeping it in the crib, waiting to see him at bed time.

Now is the time when she leaves him for good, and breaks his little heart. :(

I'll let you know how that goes!!

0 comments: