Friday, September 2, 2011

How to display posts on Blogger Pages

This is a common question that I come across, and the answer is simpler than you would imagine! BUT, you are not looking for a page, at all!

First thing's first; you may want to make a click-able header. (i.e. an image map) Then you can determine exactly what you want to display as far as pages are concerned. Check that tutorial out HERE! Your html result will look something like this:



<area shape="rect" coords="125,154,229,183" href="http://cute-ecakes.blogspot.com/" alt="Home" title="Cute-Ecakes"    />
<area shape="rect" coords="231,156,335,185" href="http://www.cute-ecakes.com/shop" alt="Shop" title="Luxury Baby Gifts"    />
<area shape="rect" coords="338,155,442,184" href="http://cute-ecakes.blogspot.com/p/about.html" alt="About" title="About"    />

Now that you have a pretty picture in place, with links mapped out, you will need to determine where your links will point to! Check out this post for some html basics if you need help with links!

If I would like to create a page showing ONLY posts relating to my Christmas Event, I would replace the link target in my header with a SEARCH for the appropriate label.

Right-click the label at the bottom of your post. You can select the option to "copy link location" Your result will look something like this:

http://cute-ecakes.blogspot.com/search/label/christmas%20event

Now, paste that link into the correct spot in your header's image map, and you are all set! When you click on that area of your header, (likely made to look like a button), the result will be ALL of your posts with that label!

Need a fancy dancy header or blog button made? Check out these two great girls for some VERY reasonable prices, and save yourself the (ashamed to say it...) HOURS of Photoshop headaches that I incurred!

Clever CouponeerCoupons, Freebies, Giveaways and More!



3 comments:

L Morse said...

Thanks Cute-E for letting people know I'm "OPEN" for business! I'm very excited to offer my design point of view to the blogging world! And can't wait to show off something I made just for youuuu!

Sandra said...

Thanks! Now I need to put up an advertising post for creating headers/buttons/banners lol

Kristen@CountryFitFamily said...

Thanks so much for the help! I am so happy to have this option on my blog now.