The whirlwind that is our morning, is literally fantastic. Daddy works nights, and comes home promptly at 5 AM. Despite his efforts, tip toeing around the house, and eventually falling asleep on the couch as not to wake the children, as a matter of miracle, or their instinct... he wakes the children.
Perhaps it is just me, or perhaps others don't admit to what I am about to say. I am NOT myself when I first wake up. Before that first cup of coffee, (or the second) and cigarette, (or third) I am a closed eyed nightmare. My kids have learned this about me, and try not to talk to me until things have been taken care of properly, but unfortunately, my 1 year old son often falls victim to my mouth.
"Nico LAY DOOOWWWWNNNN!"
"It is NOT wake up time!!!"
And so begins the flurry of the 2 hours from hell that is my morning.
The top 10 things I hate about the morning are....
- Looking for the baby's cuppie
- THE SOCK BASKET
- 4 people in ONE bathroom, often times 2 or more naked.
- Searching the dryer for a matching....something
- Gym clothes
- Unfinished mystery homework that was "forgotten"
- Wet footprints throughout the house
- A poopie diaper on the floor next to the crib
- I'm not hungry
- I need money for..... (like I can give a kid a debit card)
- The car seat is in the wrong car
- We are ALL LATE!
Wait....did I say TEN??