Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Top 10 things I hate about the MORNING!

We don't need alarms around here, there are enough mouths to do that for us.

The whirlwind that is our morning, is literally fantastic. Daddy works nights, and comes home promptly at 5 AM. Despite his efforts, tip toeing around the house, and eventually falling asleep on the couch as not to wake the children, as a matter of miracle, or their instinct... he wakes the children.

Perhaps it is just me, or perhaps others don't admit to what I am about to say. I am NOT myself when I first wake up. Before that first cup of coffee, (or the second) and cigarette, (or third) I am a closed eyed nightmare. My kids have learned this about me, and try not to talk to me until things have been taken care of properly, but unfortunately, my 1 year old son often falls victim to my mouth.

"Nico NOOOOOOO!"
"Nico LAY DOOOWWWWNNNN!"
"It is NOT wake up time!!!"

(it is)

And so begins the flurry of the 2 hours from hell that is my morning.

The top 10 things I hate about the morning are....

  1. Looking for the baby's cuppie
  2. THE SOCK BASKET
  3. 4 people in ONE bathroom, often times 2 or more naked.
  4. Searching the dryer for a matching....something
  5. Gym clothes
  6. Unfinished mystery homework that was "forgotten"
  7. Wet footprints throughout the house
  8. A poopie diaper on the floor next to the crib
  9. I'm not hungry
  10. I need money for..... (like I can give a kid a debit card)
  11. The car seat is in the wrong car
  12. We are ALL LATE!


    Wait....did I say TEN??

1 comments:

Quirky Homemaker said...

LOL. Sounds like my morning, but I only have 2 kids! I can't imagine having twice as many!