Yum! This classic idea is taken to a new level with my Twice Baked Butternut Squash. Just IMAGINE all of the fun presentations you could do! Different sizes and shapes of squash will make for SUCH a fun course!
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c sour creme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the squash either in half the long way to make a boat, or the short way to make a bowl as I have. Scoop out the inners leaving 3/4 inch of meat around the edges. If you are going to decorate it pretty, (scalloped edges or whatever your creative side finds), do it now!
- Put 1/4 stick butter, sugar, vinegar, and season right in the hole!
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hour, depending on the size of your squash.
- Remove and scoop out the now softened meat. Be careful not to puncture the sides!
- Blend remaining ingredients with meat to make a mash- JUST like if you were doing potatoes.
- Fill your bowl or boat back in, and drop a few little pinches of butter around the top.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until the mash gets a little color :)
How pretty, and YUMMY!