Monday, December 12, 2011

Lemon Ricotta Cookies with Honey Basil Glaze

I am not a baker. I am personally not fond of overly sweet dessert items. Therefor, my traditional Christmas cookie is less than traditional, and that much more satisfying!

This recipe also works well for mini-muffins!!




Ingredients
Cookie
2 3/4 c flour
1 tsp baking pweder
1 tsp salt
1 stick of butter
2 1/2 c white sugar
2 eggs
15 oz. Ricotta cheese
3 tbsp lemon juice (about half of 1 lemon)
Zest of 1 lemon
Glaze
1/2 c powdered sugar
1/4 c honey
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp dried basil

Method
Beat sugar and butter until fluffy
Continue beating, adding one egg at a time
Add ricotta, lemon juice and zest, beat to combine.
Sift together dry ingredients
Add to wet mixture, and stir to combine.
Spoon by teaspoon (dough will be very moist and cookies will spread by 1/2)
Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes on a high rack

Brush glaze immediately upon removing from oven, and let cool
Glaze will soak in and sparkle!










3 comments:

Lisa Weidknecht said...

OMG these look so good! I am so going to try these!

Shelley Zurek -- Still Blonde after all these YEARS said...

Really pretty too! I have recently discovered how good basil and thyme taste with sweet things like jelly!

Elle said...

Those look nice. I have never had anything like them.

I am not a baker either...I might have to have hubby make some :p

He is the one that does the cakes...if cakes are done at all.