Monday, January 2, 2012

Do you know the impact of your own tweets?

I think I am much like any other person that starts blogging. 

Doesn't know ANYTHING -----> kind-of knowing some stuff ----->Dang I wish I knew that before -----> Well let me TELL someone!

When putting together Cute-Ecakes Facebook page, and Twitter pages, like most others I added an automation factor. Whenever I post, it will tweet. Whenever I post, my Facebook page will update.

WARNING!!! Automation is a double edged sword!
(Automating your Facebook page can have some detrimental effects to your traffic, but that is another article for another day!)

Today we talk Twitter.

I joined Twitter because I thought I basically had to. I needed a little birdie icon like everyone else had. Period. I never thought of it as a means to increase traffic.

If you share this feeling, try out a few tests. (Or just read my results, save yourself the trouble, and start tweeting!)





  • Vote on Picket Fence. (Don't have a link? Seriously feel free to click mine!!!) 
  • Search your blog (We are #6!) and check out the # of votes
  • In a new tab, tweet a message, "Can you vote for me? http://link"
  • Now refresh the Picket Fence Page

You will nearly always see votes!

  • Try this- Open your stats in one tab
  • In another tab find an old post with a fun title
  • Tweet that post
  • Now refresh your stats

You will nearly always get a couple of clicks!

What can you do with this information?
Well this is what I am doing for the new year!
  • Make better use of a tweet scheduling service- I can't sit here and tweet all day, but I would sure like to have a few hits of traffic scheduled in for the day!
  • It is more beneficial to ask for a tweet favor than a vote favor! 
  • I will start a tweet-tree dish in my blog groups (Are you a blogger and NOT in a group? Join forces with us! EMAIL ME!) ooooo- I like my fun name :)
  • I will run experiments on other social media venues
  • I will expand my work on the Aggy Twerps- (This is a team auto tweet site- an entire team of 10 automatically tweets whenever you post, you tweet their posts as well)
  • Moms with Voices Media will host a monthly Twitter Party!
I think 2012 is going to be Twitterific!
Join us every Tuesday for ReTweet Me Tuesday!
(Up at 8 PM Monday :)




Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | Linked In | Advertise Here

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't really checked how Twitter affects my traffic but thanks for the suggestions here! :)

Visiting from the Alexa hop!

-alice
http://bayareamommy.com