Doesn't know ANYTHING -----> kind-of knowing some stuff ----->Dang I wish I knew that before -----> Well let me TELL someone!
When putting together Cute-Ecakes Facebook page, and Twitter pages, like most others I added an automation factor. Whenever I post, it will tweet. Whenever I post, my Facebook page will update.
WARNING!!! Automation is a double edged sword!
(Automating your Facebook page can have some detrimental effects to your traffic, but that is another article for another day!)
Today we talk Twitter.
If you share this feeling, try out a few tests. (Or just read my results, save yourself the trouble, and start tweeting!)
- Vote on Picket Fence. (Don't have a link? Seriously feel free to click mine!!!)
- Search your blog (We are #6!) and check out the # of votes
- In a new tab, tweet a message, "Can you vote for me? http://link"
- Now refresh the Picket Fence Page
You will nearly always see votes!
- Try this- Open your stats in one tab
- In another tab find an old post with a fun title
- Tweet that post
- Now refresh your stats
You will nearly always get a couple of clicks!
What can you do with this information?
Well this is what I am doing for the new year!
- Make better use of a tweet scheduling service- I can't sit here and tweet all day, but I would sure like to have a few hits of traffic scheduled in for the day!
- It is more beneficial to ask for a tweet favor than a vote favor!
- I will start a tweet-tree dish in my blog groups (Are you a blogger and NOT in a group? Join forces with us! EMAIL ME!) ooooo- I like my fun name :)
- I will run experiments on other social media venues
- I will expand my work on the Aggy Twerps- (This is a team auto tweet site- an entire team of 10 automatically tweets whenever you post, you tweet their posts as well)
- Moms with Voices Media will host a monthly Twitter Party!
I think 2012 is going to be Twitterific!
Join us every Tuesday for ReTweet Me Tuesday!
(Up at 8 PM Monday :)
Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | Linked In | Advertise Here