Monday, January 16, 2012

Questions For a Homeschooling Mom Vol. 2

Written by Dawn from Slop Swap

Last week we talked about Socialization. Continuing in our Homeschooling series, this week’s question is:

Do you have a teaching degree?



Answer: No.


I never know how to take this question. I try not to be offended. Maybe they think I’m not qualified to teach or they doubt themselves? Either way, you do not need to have a teaching degree to homeschool your children.

I will admit that I was overwhelmed at first by the thought of homeschooling. I didn’t know where to begin, where to look for curriculum and I wondered if I was really smart enough to teach my children. But if you really think about it, we teach our children day in, day out whether we are homeschooling them or not.

When they are little we sing to them, we read to them, we teach them how to tie their shoes. When we are climbing stairs we count as we walk up or down. When we’re out on walks, we collect the different leaves…especially in the fall as they’re changing colors. How many of us have gone on family vacations to the Lincoln Memorial, Statue of Liberty, Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, Grand Canyon, etc.? What awesome learning experiences! These are all in the moment type examples but those are the best kind. :)
Read More on Slop Swap




Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | Linked In | Advertise Here

0 comments: