Sunday, August 28, 2011

Saving enough to pay for diapers!

This post brought to you by Straight Talk. All opinions are 100% mine.
Unlike your mortgage, car payments, and household utilities, your cell phone bill is a flexible expense! Many people find themselves sitting comfortably in their contract for years, or worse still, waiting a contract out and simply renewing instead of taking the time to shop around. My husband is one of those people, and we spent too many years allowing this to happen, paying upwards of $83 per month!

Momma there is another option, and I will save you the shopping around. The amount of money you could save will pay for the new babies diapers, REALLY! That's what got me, Hook, line and sinker. Straight Talk, is a cell phone company whose service you can purchase right at Walmart. (Now everyone has a Walmart :)

You can choose the "All you need" unlimited plan for just $45! Now that alone is awesome, but I like to get technical. Last month, I used 209 minutes on my cell phone. (I know, I am just not a teenager anymore. BUT that was way back when teenagers actually USED the phone for talking!)

I swear, I've asked my 16 year old step son a million times if it would just be easier to just call a friend, rather than text so much, but the fact remains that we just don't need unlimited talk time. Luckily for stingy girls like me, there is an even better option at Straight Talk. Their $30 plan gives you 1000 minutes of talk, 1000 texts, and 30 MB of web, without fees like 411 charges, or activation and termination fees. That is a savings of $50 per month! (Do the math if $50 doesn't sound like much these days, that's $600 a year!) Walmart's Parents Choice 252 count newborn diapers: $40. ROCK ON saving Momma!



It still took some convincing to get my husband to make the switch. He was worried about coverage, and his pretty phone! Let me tell you, after looking at the coverage map HERE, and zooming, (and zooming), and imagining everywhere he MAY want to go someday, (LOL we don't go far with 4 kiddos!) the case was closed! Straight Talk truly does have excellent nationwide coverage!

As for the phones? They offer major brands like LG, Motorola, Kyocera, Nokia and Samsung, with features like voice navigation, camera, video recorder, music player, instant messaging, and Bluetooth®. There are even reconditioned phones for the 16 year old texter, that start at only $10! Momma won that battle too! (mom knows best ;-)

The moral of the story? You can get everything you need for your family, without a contract! (Feel free to ground him from the cell phone without paying for it) This Cute-Ecake saving tip alone, will pay for your babies diapers!
Visit Sponsor's Site

1 comments:

Doreen McGettigan said...

I am going crazy with my cell carrier. We are paying over $200 a month for 3 phones. I want to run to Walmart...thanks for sharing!
I already follow just stopping by to say hello via Crazed Fans..

http://www.doreenmcgettigan.com