4 large baking apples
oatmeal cookie mix (enough for 1 dozen cookies)
Cut the apples in half (The STAR way)
use a spoon to scoop out the middle. Leave about 1/2 inch of 'meat' around the edges.
Fill the hole with cookie dough, (overfilled is nice too!)
Top with butterscotch chips
bake at 350 for 25 minutes
HOME-MADE OATMEAL COOKIES
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
PreparationHeat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time Time: 08 min